What is Spring Boot?
- Spring Boot is one of the Spring modules providing RAD(Rapid Application Development) functionality.
- We can develop standalone spring based applications that you can just run because it needs very little spring configuration.
What are the advantages of spring boot?
- It helps you to develop stand-alone application which can be started using java.jar file.
- It offers pinpointed ‘started’ POMs to Maven configuration.
- It allows you to Embed Undertow, Tomcat, or Jetty directly.
- It helps you to configure spring whenever possible automatically.
What are the Spring boot annotations?
What are the features of Spring boot?
- Starter dependency
- Spring initialize
Commands used to run and stop Spring Boot executable jar file?
- Open command or shell window
- cmd/> java -jar
- Example : $ java -jar myproject-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
- To stop : press ctrl+C
What is Spring Boot starter? How is it useful?
- Spring Boot has many starters.
- They are a set of convenient dependency descriptors.
- Starter allows you to include these descriptors in your pom.xml.
- If you want to work with Spring MVC, you can include “spring–boot–starter–web” as a dependency in pom.xml
What is the configuration file name in spring boot?
- The configuration file used in Spring Boot projects is called “application.properties”.
- It is an important file which allows you to override your default configurations.
What is DevTools in Spring Boot?
- Spring Boot DevTools helps you to increase the productivity of the developer.
- So, you don’t require re-deploying your application every time you make the changes.
- It allows the developer to reload changes without the need of restarting of the server.
What are the Components of Spring Boot?
- Spring Boot Starter
- Spring Boot autoconfiguration
- Spring Boot Actuator
- Spring Boot CLI
What is Actuator?
- Spring Boot Actuator allows you to monitor and manage your application when you want to push it for the production.
- It helps you to control your application by using HTTP endpoints.
What is Spring Boot Initilizr?
- Spring Boot Initilizr is a Spring Boot tool to bootstrap Spring Boot or Spring Applications very easily.
- Spring Boot Initilizr With Web Interface
- Spring Boot Initilizr With IDEs/IDE Plugins
- Spring Boot Initilizr With Spring Boot CLI
- Spring Boot Initilizr With ThirdParty Tools
What is Spring Batch? How do you implement it using Spring Boot?
- Spring Boot Batch provides reusable functions that are essential in processing large volumes of records, including logging/tracing, transaction management, and job processing statistics, job restart, skip, and resource management.
- It also provides more advanced technical services and features that will enable extremely high-volume and high performance batch jobs though optimization and partitioning techniques.
What is FreeMarker Template?
- FreeMarker is a Java-based Template Engine, originally focusing on dynamic web page generation with MVC software architecture.
- The major advantage of using Freemarker is the complete separation of the Presentation layer and the Business Layer.
What is Starter dependency?
- This feature aggregates common dependencies together.
- For example, if you want to develop Spring MVC based RESTful services then instead of including Spring MVC JAR and Jackson JAR file into classpath you can just specify spring-boot-web-starter and it will automatically download both those JAR files.
- Spring Boot comes with many such starter dependencies to improve productivity.
What is Auto-Configuration?
- This is another awesome feature of Spring Boot which can configure many things for you.
- For example, If you are developing Spring web application and Thymeleaf.jar is present on the classpath then it can automatically configure Thymeleaf template resolver, view resolver, and other settings.
- A good knowledge of auto-configuration is required to become experienced Spring Boot developers.
What is Spring CLI?
- This is another awesome feature of Spring Boot which really takes Spring development into next level.
- It allows you to use Groovy for writing Spring boot application which means a lot more concise code.
How do you implement FreeMarker template using Spring Boot?
- The Programmers can work on the application code while the designers can work on the html page design.
- Finally using freemarker these can then be combined to give the final output page.
How to implement Exception Handling using Spring Boot?
- Spring provides a very useful way to handle exceptions using ControllerAdvice.
- We will be implementing a ControlerAdvice class which will handle all exceptions thrown by the controller class.
What is AOP? How to use it with Spring Boot?
- During software development, functions that span multiple points of an application are called cross-cutting concerns.
- These cross-cutting concerns differ from the applications main business logic.
- Separating these cross-cutting concerns from the business logic is where aspect-oriented programming (AOP) comes into picture.
What is Apache Kafka? How to integrate it with Spring Boot?
- Apache Kafka is a distributed publish-subscribe messaging system.
- It is a scalable, fault-tolerant, publish-subscribe messaging system which enables us to build distributed applications.
- It is an Apache Top Level project. Kafka is suitable for both offline and online message consumption.